Catered Wedding Receptions
|Call Us For The Perfect Wedding Reception.
Whether you choose a small intimate family gathering or
a large gala event, we can fulfill all your wedding needs.
We can plan your entire event from beginning to end including decorations, photography, music, floral, and reception planning. We
strive to make sure your "Wedding Day" is one to be treasured
and remembered for a lifetime.
Wedding Planning Checklist
Six Months or More Ahead
- Arrange for families and friends to meet at luncheons, small dinners or parties. Games are ideal for icebreakers
- Announce engagement in local newspapers.
- Have a formal wedding engagement portrait taken. From a traditional head shot to a black and white candid shot, a portrait should capture your personality.
- Select a date - consider back-up dates in case the site caterer or official is already booked.
- Schedule time off from work for wedding, honeymoon, and planning days.
- Set a budget and establish priorities. Be sure to get written estimates when dealing with your wedding expenses.
- Hire a wedding planner or get an organizer/ computer program.
- Reserve ceremony and reception sites. Alternative sites include a friend's home, a rose garden, library, or museum.
- Decide who will be your attendants and ask them. Keep in mind that the number of attendants can vary depending on the size and style of the wedding.
- Compile a guest list with complete names and addresses. You may need time to research some addresses if people have moved recently.
- Order dress and accessories, including veil or headpiece. Consider wedding dresses of pale pink, peach, ivory, tape, or light yellow for a twist on the traditional dress.
Four to Six Months Ahead
- Choose a caterer or plan menu with reception planner. You may want to incorporate your favorite family recipes.
- Send out "save-the-date" cards to out-of-town guests.
- Secure rental agreements, such as tables, chairs, or tents.
- Book photographer and/or videographer. Prepare a list of photos you want captured during the day. Consider black and white photos, candid shots, and full-family portraits.
- Purchase wedding rings.
- Select bridesmaid dresses and assist mothers with their dress and shoe purchases.
- Arrange flower contract with florist.
- Purchase candles or photo frames for table centerpieces.
- Register for shower and wedding gifts. Choose a store that is convenient to most wedding guests.
- Book band or DJ for reception. Choose meaningful songs for guests of all ages - including your "first dance."
- Order wedding cake.
- Order wedding invitations
- Select wedding favors for guests.
- Book hotel room for your wedding night.
- Choose gifts for bridal party.
- Arrange honeymoon plans.
- Reserve accommodations for an out-of-town guest.
Two to Four Months Ahead
- Discuss last minute details with caterer.
- Complete proper documents for name change if you are taking his name.
- Discuss service details with officiant.
- Have final dress fitting. Allow for plenty for time as this process may require several visits. Be sure to bring the actual shoes and lingerie you will be wearing on the wedding day.
- Tuxedo fittings and rentals for the groom, fathers, and groomsmen.
- Schedule rehearsal time and rehearsal dinner.
- Purchase supplies and begin party favor preparations.
- Choose readings and songs for your ceremony. Select the people you would like to read and provide them with copies.
One to Two Months Ahead
One to Two Weeks Ahead
- Create ceremony program booklets. This is a perfect opportunity to incorporate handmade papers, ribbons, and rubber stamps.
- Address and mail invitations. Choose handwritten addresses for a casual feel. Calligraphy for a formal flair, and laser printed for a contemporary twist.
- Practice hair style and makeup. If you have another event to attend that same day, you'll look great.
- Be sure to write thank-you notes as you receive gifts.
One Day Ahead
- Obtain marriage license.
- Pick up wedding dress.
- Determine final guest count.
- Break in your wedding shoes at home while wearing socks.
- Arrange seating plan and address place cards.
- Pack for the honeymoon - don't forget sunscreen
- Confirm floral and honeymoon arrangements.
- Have a facial or other body care treatment.
Your Wedding Day
- Confirm transportation for bridal party.
- Give each member of your bridal party a gift with a personal thank-you note.
- Be sure to thank your parents and other loved ones who have helped you prepare for your special day.
- Rehearsal ceremony with rehearsal dinner to follow.
- Be sure to get a good night's sleep. Tomorrow will be a long day.
- Relax and enjoy the rest of your life together.
Call us today at (423) 894-0098
||In the event our Quote form has reached its limit, please call Catering By Alan directly at (423) 894-0098 or email firstname.lastname@example.org